Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Part 3 and counting

As you can probably tell, I am not very good at writing posts and keeping them interesting however, right now it has been an outlet for me to put into words the last week of my life. Continuing the story of the busted pipe in the basement. On thursday, my mom and I started around 8:30am working upstairs and then Lisa and Mike came over. They pulled all the rest of the things that were in the water side of the house. By lunch we had cleaned that side out. When I went down there that morning the water had covered the floor again. I am not sure where it is still coming from. I think that it is coming from the wall. Wow there is so much water!!!! So then after I went and got some nourishment that was very well needed since it was liek 85 degrees but felt like 100 because it was hot inside and outside and the smells were not the best. Then another guy from church came, Eric, and Mike and him took 2 loads to the landfill on his trailer. They were big loads. When they got back from the second load, my mom and I had decided that we would call it quits. It was just too hot and the moldy side was not the best to be in anyways and when I walked in there my stomach would turn.

So we waited til my dad came to look at everything that we pulled out. I could not believe the help and support. I felt many prayers lifted up for me and my parents. I got ready and went to Upward evaulation. Then on Friday it rained and I laid around all day. I was worn out and I guess I needed some time to reenergize. On Saturday, my mom and dad came over to help. Even Trent, my brother, came to help. We made some progress on the moldy side. Saturday afternoon around 4pm we stopped for the day and I got ready to go babysit two great kids. After my shower, I sat down and for the first time the whole week, I really felt like I could put my head around things. There is now defintely a light at the end of the tunnel. I can see it. Yesterday mom and I worked on some more things for about an hour. So slowly but surely we are getting it done. It will be awhile til the whole process is done but who knows what could be done down there when it is all said and done.

No comments: