Friday, October 17, 2008

My week of October 13th ....Part 1

Today is the first day since Tuesday that I am able to even sit back and am able to have a clear mind. Well because I was unable to go to work since Monday.... I have completely put everything that I have to do at the back burner. Right now, my house has been the main priority. Tuesday afternoon when I got home, I went to the bottom half of my house where I have not been in the 4 years that I have lived here. I live in the top half of my house. When I walked downstairs it was hot and muggy feeling and I opened the door and I realized that there was a leak in the bathroom and not only a leak but there was water pouring out of the ceiling. So I called my dad and ran like I never had before to get my neighbor. Well he was in the middle of cutting meat so while I went back to my house, waiting what seemed like hours for him to come over there to help me figure out what happened and how to turn the water off. Once he went down there we realized that the room was covered in mold. He told me that he even thought that there was probably 100 gallons of water in there. So obviously, I begin to panick. I called my dad again and told him that we were able to turn the water off and I asked him if he was going to be able to come over and he told me that work had not been good lately and he couldn't handle the stress. So then I began to cry again!!! I cried for like 2 hours..... my mom came over and we tried to figure out what I needed to do. I had to pack up some stuff and prepare to go and spend the night at my parents house. Now all we had to do was wait on the plumber..... or a plumber!!!! (more to come)

No comments: